H3C PLUS receives Endorsement for Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP)
We have some fantastic news, H3C PLUS have been working on developing a Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) for H3C Plus for some time now, we have just received our endorsement.
H3C Plus joins a network of more than 1,100 corporate, government, and not-for-profit organisations that have made a formal commitment to reconciliation through the RAP program. Since 2006, RAPs have provided a framework for organisations to leverage their structures and diverse spheres of influence to support the national reconciliation movement. The program’s potential for impact is greater than ever, with close to 3 million people now working or studying in an organisation with a RAP. The four RAP types — Reflect, Innovate, Stretch and Elevate — allow RAP partners to continuously develop and strengthen reconciliation commitments in new ways. This Reflect RAP will lay the foundations, priming the workplace for future RAPs and reconciliation initiatives. The RAP program’s strength is its framework of relationships, respect, and opportunities, allowing an organisation to strategically set its reconciliation commitments in line with its own business objectives, for the most effective outcomes. These outcomes contribute towards the five dimensions of reconciliation: race relations; equality and equity; institutional integrity; unity; and historical acceptance. It is critical to not only uphold all five dimensions of reconciliation, but also increase awareness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, histories, knowledge, and leadership across all sectors of Australian society. This Reflect RAP enables H3C Plus to deepen its understanding of its sphere of influence and the unique contribution it can make to lead progress across the five dimensions. Getting these first steps right will ensure the sustainability of future RAPs and reconciliation initiatives, and provide meaningful impact toward Australia’s reconciliation journey.
Our Vision for Reconciliation
Our vision for reconciliation is to create a just, equal and fair society for all Australians, where relationships are strengthened between First Nations peoples and non-Indigenous Australians, for the benefit of all Australians. We seek to understand and embrace reconciliation at H3C Plus Pty Ltd and develop a greater understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and cultures.
The H3C Plus Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan represents our commitment to reconciliation between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and the wider Australian community.
The main goals of our RAP are:
- Build organizational awareness of peoples, cultures, histories, knowledge, rights and achievements of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and encourage staff to seek additional information specific to the issues in their local area.
- Support career opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in our business
- Building relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, communities and organizations to support our journey of reconciliation.
- Take note of the significant dates to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and participate in and celebrate National Aboriginal and Islander Observation Day (NAIDOC) and National Reconciliation Week (NRW) to raise awareness of history and community.
- Maintain the RAP Working Group to implement the initiatives outlined in our Reconciliation Action Plan.
CLICK HERE: H3C Plus Pty Ltd Reflect RAP 2022-2023 v3